Resilience: Goal-Setting Activity
It’s easy to forget that we don’t stop developing just because we are adults. Indeed, we do continue to develop, hopefully creating a more colorful life for ourselves. This can be either intentional or unintentional.
Take a moment and take the pulse of your current life. This is a good exercise for writing down in a journal or on a piece of paper.
- What is your greatest achievement so far?
- What is the best thing about being your age?
- What is the worst thing about being your age?
Now, look over your responses. Take a few moments and think about where you are headed.
- What would you like to achieve yet?
- What are some things you look forward to in the coming years?
- What are some cycles you’d like to break?
This should give you some food for thought in goal-setting. Remember, if you never set goals, you will never reach them.